Once activating facebook timeline in your profile, facebook is giving you 7 days testing period, to decide if you prefer to it or to switch back to your old layout.
If you keep using facebook timeline in your profile for over a week, then there is not return. Simply you cannot remove facebook timeline from your profile anymore.
However, there is one way that may give you a possibility to remove timeline from your facebook. But don’t be sure that it will work forever.
If you want to give a try anyway, here is how you can get facebook timeline as an application developer and having the possibility to remove it even after seven days of use:
- Log in your facebook account and then go to the address https://developers.facebook.com/apps
- Once you grant permission to the app to have access to your private data, click on button “Create new App”
- Fill in the required fields with whatever you like – none will see them- and then continue
- In the next screen of facebook App, click on Open Graph
- Then in the page “”Get Started with Open Graph” insert anything like “People can “watch” a “movie” and click to start.
- Move down the next 3 sections, and click on the ”Save and finish“ button.
- Next jump on your facebook profile page and select ”Get it now“
This way you have activate facebook timeline in your profile as usual, however the difference now is that you can remove timeline from your profile simply by visiting again the same address (https://developers.facebook.com/apps) and delete the application you created for getting facebook timeline.
Please consider that this is not a formal way of activating timeline in your profile, and there is not guaranty that the removal will be possible.